By Matthew J. Drake
If you are looking to grasp company analytics, case reviews provide valuable aid: they reveal you to the complete decision-making strategy, assisting you perform an energetic function in either appearing research and utilizing its output to suggest optimum judgements. Now, drawing on his wide educating and consulting event, Prof. Matthew Drake has created the right new casebook for all analytics scholars and practitioners.
Drake, writer of the widely-praised Applied enterprise Analytics Casebook, now offers a suite of updated circumstances which are longer and extra precise than these ordinarily offered in undergraduate texts, yet concise and centred sufficient to study in one school room consultation. prepared by way of analytical strategy, Advances in company, Operations, and Product Analytics covers:
- Descriptive analytics: descriptive information, sampling/inferential statistics, statistical quality controls, and probability
- Predictive analytics: forecasting, call for handling, information and textual content mining
- Prescriptive analytics: optimization-based modeling, simulation-based modeling, choice research, and multi-criteria choice making
- Industry-specific analytics: HR and managerial analytics, monetary analytics, and healthcare/life sciences
In addition to practitioners, this casebook could be specifically useful to scholars and school in undergraduate and masters' classes that conceal themes in enterprise analytics, and classes utilizing analytics to express industries equivalent to healthcare, or particular company capabilities reminiscent of marketing.
Read or Download Advances in Business, Operations, and Product Analytics: Cutting Edge Cases from Finance to Manufacturing to Healthcare (FT Press Analytics) PDF
Best data mining books
Even if many Bayesian community (BN) functions are actually in daily use, BNs haven't but accomplished mainstream penetration. targeting sensible real-world challenge fixing and version development, instead of algorithms and conception, threat evaluation and determination research with Bayesian Networks explains how one can contain wisdom with info to improve and use (Bayesian) causal versions of possibility that supply strong insights and higher determination making.
Even supposing the phrases "data mining" and "knowledge discovery and information mining" (KDDM) are often used interchangeably, info mining is basically only one step within the KDDM technique. facts mining is the method of extracting helpful info from info, whereas KDDM is the coordinated means of realizing the company and mining the information in an effort to determine formerly unknown styles.
This quantity includes nineteen learn papers belonging to theareas of computational facts, info mining, and their purposes. these papers, all written in particular for this quantity, are their authors’ contributions to honour and have fun Professor Jacek Koronacki at the occcasion of his seventieth birthday.
Key FeaturesPerform computational analyses on colossal info to generate significant resultsGet a realistic wisdom of R programming language whereas engaged on mammoth information systems like Hadoop, Spark, H2O and SQL/NoSQL databases,Explore quickly, streaming, and scalable facts research with the main state of the art applied sciences within the marketBook DescriptionBig info analytics is the method of studying huge and intricate information units that frequently exceed the computational services.
- Marketing Analytics: Data-Driven Techniques with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge Management in Organizations: 9th International Conference, KMO 2014, Santiago, Chile, September 2-5, 2014, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing)
- Trust-based Collective View Prediction
- Advances in K-means Clustering: A Data Mining Thinking (Springer Theses)
- Multilabel Classification: Problem Analysis, Metrics and Techniques
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials Handbook 3/E (Oracle Press)
Extra info for Advances in Business, Operations, and Product Analytics: Cutting Edge Cases from Finance to Manufacturing to Healthcare (FT Press Analytics)
Advances in Business, Operations, and Product Analytics: Cutting Edge Cases from Finance to Manufacturing to Healthcare (FT Press Analytics) by Matthew J. Drake